What Bill would do on his First Day
COMPUTERS, VOC ED SHOULD REPLACE TESTING OBSESSION
WHY DID HARMAN VOTE YES ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT BILL?
CONGRESSMAN BACKS ORTON'S FLAG-&-PLEDGE AMENDMENT GOAL
HELP PAY FOR MAIL TO VOTERS!
HEARING OUT PATERNITY FRAUD VICTIMS:Assembly candidate BILL ORTON (left) listens to Billy Kelly (center), as he relates his personal tale of paternity fraud at a meeting Orton hosted on October 5th for victims and organizers on the issue. At the core of the issue, says Orton, is the need for universal admissibility of DNA evidence at any point in a paternity case. "We're releasing inmates from Death Row on the basis of DNA evidence. We should be able to free some men who have been wrongly saddled with support payments for children they never fathered." Also pictured is Kerry Kelly, whose letters and emails to Bill prompted the candidate to adopt the issue of paternity fraud as a subject for possible legislation. (PHOTO BY AXEL KOESTER)
A note from Bill...
I'm Bill Orton.
I'm running for the 67th Assembly District.
I sure would be honored to have your vote on Nov. 5th.
I'm in this race because I believe that government's job is to help make life better for ordinary people.
Now, I also...
- People shouldn't get sick just because they go in the ocean. We need to stop the finger pointing and clean up our coastline and rivers.
- Parents shouldn't have to wonder if their children's education is substandard. We should have a computer on every desk, a nurse in every school and a qualified teacher in every classroom.
- Every child deserves to go to the doctor and seniors shouldn't have to choose between medicine and food. It's time to admit that the HMO model for health care is a dying patient. We need to create a post-HMO health care system in California.
- And ordinary people who have money in a 401(k) or mutual fund should not have to fear the mailman bringing bad news when the quarterly report arrives. We need to toughen the laws against corporate wrongdoing, end accounting shenanigans and restore faith in our capital markets and boardrooms.
I'm 40, live in Seal Beach, have been married for 12 years and am the parent of a third-grader.
- Support the death penalty
- Think there's enough gun laws on the books
- Don't think we ought to give out drivers licenses to people who are not in this country legally
I've lived in the district since 1968. I've been active in my city, at my daughter's elementary school and in her school district.
And over the past decade, I have worked as a legislative aide to four members of the state Assembly, so I actually have an idea of how to get things done.
Thank you for spending a few minutes with me. I certainly would welcome your support in this election.
CALLING ELVIS!  & ELVIS ANSWERS!
Congressman Orton endorses Bill Orton for Assembly
Bill proposes 20-word Flag-&-Pledge Amendment
About Bill Orton
RESIDENTof Huntington Beach and Seal Beach for 34 years.
Graduated Wardlow Elementary (76) and Edison High (80) in Huntington Beach. Took classes at OCC and Coastline. Graduated from Cal State Long Beach.
C U R R E N T L Y
COMMUNITY MEMBERfor local non-profit that runs five certified farmers markets.
COMMUNITY MEMBERfor the LBUSD Advisory Board on the Education of Homeless Children, and volunteer at the Mary McLeod Bethune School.
COMMUNITY MEMBERfor the Downey Museum of Art.
Seven years as a
STAFF MEMBERwith four State Assemblymembers. Other jobs include writer, editor, office manager, website designer, typesetter, shipping clerk, coffeehouse worker and janitor.
P R E V I O U S L Y
ELECTED ALTERNATE(1999-2000) on the McGaugh School Site Council.
COMMUNITY MEMBER (1993-94) on Long Range Planning Task Force for Los Alamitos Unified School District.
Send Bill Email
Bill wants to hear from you.
Bill's entry with the League of Women Voters
E N D O R S E D    B Y
CALIFORNIA AFL-CIO (COPE)
UAW REGION 5 (CAP)
State Building Trades & Construction Trades Council
mighty United Association of Steamfitters, Refrigeration and Pipefitters Local 250 (Gardena)
Eddie Barnes, President
Terry Martin, PAC Chair
H.E.R.E. Local 681
Ada Torres, President
California Abortion Rights Action League